Maybe you have heard a lot about a mattress protector. It seems that’s the only word on the lips of your neighbours and friends and you wonder, “Why do you need a mattress protector?” Be rest assured as this article will show you why.
First of all, what is the definition of a mattress protector? It can be defined as a thin layer of removable bedding which encloses a mattress or sits on top it. It is similar to a fitted sheet and a lot of them are made from a number and combination of materials like cotton, tencel and bamboo.
Now, why do you need a mattress protector?
Benefits of a Mattress Protector
- A mattress protector helps keep your mattress clean as it serves as a protection or a barrier between the mattress and other particles or substances, the mattress protector can be easily removable and can be washed regularly, unlike the mattress.
- It helps to prolong the life of the mattress. Even though the mattress has a life span, frequent use of it without the protector will wear out and damage it faster as a result of constant dirt, sweat and moisture coming in direct contact with the bare surface. You wouldn’t want to have to constantly buy a mattress every few years.
- To improve mattress hygiene. The mattress can be home to thousands, if not millions of microscopic bugs including mites and bed bugs and use of this protector shields and sometimes even kills the bugs and stop them from infesting your sleep surface.
- It helps with allergies as they are made out of hypoallergenic materials like bamboo which protect the users from allergens.
- It helps to prevent formation of molds and stains as a result of liquids or moisture having regular contact with it.
I believe the above has answered the question, “why do you need a mattress protector?“
Those who need mattress protectors
People with children as children are known to spill things on surfaces.
People who own pets, as pets can sometimes be messy.
People who have allergies, as the hypoallergenic nature of the mattress protector prevent that.
Cooling Mattress Protector: A kind of protection
Cooling mattress protector, like the name implies, is a type of mattress protector that helps to protect it, also do not trap heat and provides a cooling effect on the mattress and on whoever is sleeping on it at a particular time. This is particularly useful because during hot weathers, normal mattresses sometimes trap heat and makes it uncomfortable, but this does the exact opposite. It consists of breathable materials like copper and gel. These materials help to draw or attract heat away from the body, dissipate the heat, and then provide a cooling and soothing enjoyable feel to its user.
More about cooling mattress protector
One of the main reasons for use of a cooling mattress protector is to prevent excess heat, overheating and to ensure that the user enjoys a cool, relaxing and comfortable sleep throughout the night. For those who usually get sweaty and always wake up in cold sweats, thereby soaking and drenching their mattresses and pillows in sweat, this is an extremely useful device to aid your comfortable night sleep. Some of these mattress protectors are air tight and are extremely water proof, preventing moisture from getting into and sometimes degrading the surface of the mattress.
You need a mattress protector, a cooling one for that matter. It is not a luxury but a must-have if you want to enjoy a heat-free night.